Friday, March 09, 2007

Pari


Pari. I wrote about her on our mission blog as well. Pari is a midwife. She learned the art as she apprenticed alongside our midwives at Shiphrah during the three years her husband was doing theological studes at the seminary just down the road. They are from Myanmar, Mizo tribal folk. Pari is one of the special people of the world. I treasure knowing her, wondering how it is that God has privileged me with her friendship. When she left several years ago to return to Myanmar, I was quite certain that we would not meet again this side of glory. When she came back to speak at a conference, I couldn't believe it. What a joy to be with her again. Parting, we spoke of "next time in Myanmar". Maybe. I have had two emails from her since her return. The first one told of how she had actually managed to clear customs with all her bits and pieces of luggage some of which held precious medical supplies...including about 100 syringes and needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home